MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ publishes empirical, theoretical and critical articles directed at increasing understanding of how music is perceived, represented and generated. Any systematic work within the domains of psychology, philosophy, aesthetics, music analysis, musicology, cognitive science, education, artificial intelligence, modelling and neuropsychology that advances that aim will be considered for publication.
MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ is a trilingual journal (English, French, German) and the official organ of ESCOM, the European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music.
MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ was founded by Irène Deliège and first appeared in spring 1997.
Editor in Chief: Reinhard Kopiez, Hochschule fur Musik, Theater und Medien, Hanover, Germany
ISSN: 1029-8649, appears 4 times per year (March, June, September, December)
2016 Impact Factor: 1.408 (Source: Scimagojr.com)
2015 SCImago Journal Rank Music: 8/112 (SJR: 0.671)
2015 SCImago Journal Rank Experimental and Cognitive Psychology: 70/118
(Detailed statistcs for MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ at SCImago)
- 31-Oct-2016: MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ has been included as Class-A journal in the Italian index of scientific journals compiled by the Italian Ministry of University and Scientific Research (ANVUR – National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes).
- 6-Oct-2016: Call for Proposals for MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ Special Issues 2018
- Subscribe to MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ by becoming a member of ESCOM.
- MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ at Sage Publications (with online access to all issues)
- Information for authors: Manuscript submission guidelines
- Contact: musicae.scientiae[at]escom.org